Trade Insurance

Tradesman Insurance

We specialise in tradesman insurance for tradies all over New Zealand. It doesn't matter if you're a
carpenter, electrician or plumber, we'll be able to find the right trades insurance for you.

Choose your trade



Choose your cover

Tradesman Insurance

Insurance is important for all New Zealanders, but for tradesmen it is absolutely vital, and in many cases a tradie won't even be allowed onto the worksite without having at least public liability insurance and income protection insurance.

Income protection insurance is also sometimes known as accident and illness insurance, but there are some very important differences between the two, and we strongly recommend that you speak with your tradesman insurance broker about these differences before choosing a policy.

Having the right tradesman insurance can not only get you on the worksite and save you money, but it can be one of the best investments you ever make, especially in the event that you need to make a serious claim one day.

Trade Insurance

There are many types of insurance which come under a trades insurance pack. Some tradies will only want public liability insurance whilst others will also want to cover their tools.

For those tradies who understand that their ability to earn an income is their most important asset, income protection and life insurance can also be included in a trade insurance pack.

Having the right trade insurance in place is vital when you want the peace of mind of having you and your family's financial security protected.

Tradesman Insurance Brokers

We have a network of brokers and advisers all over New Zealand ready to assist with your trade insurance needs.

The insurance needs of tradesmen are often unique, and that's why we specialise in helping tradies just like you.

Why is it so important to have trade insurance?

According to industry figures, manual and trade workers make up the overwhelming majority of income protection claims. Which is why we believe it is vital to have quality tradesmen insurance.

People who are self-employed, particularly in the manual trade professions, should definitely consider having a tradesman insurance policy.

Many insurance claims are related to accidental injuries. So having trades insurance will give you the piece of mind you need to get the job done, without worrying about what would happen if you got injured on the job.

What cover is available?

Click on the links for a more detailed explanation of each cover.

Income Protection Pays a monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to injury or illness
Business Expenses Pays a monthly benefit to cover your fixed business expenses whilst you are unable to work due to injury or illness
Life Insurance Pays a lump sum in the event of your death or diagnosis of a terminal illness
TPD Insurance Pays a lump sum in the event that you become totally and permanently disabled
Trauma Insurance Pays a lump sum in the event that you suffer a specified trauma event or critical illness
Public Liability Covers you and your business in the event that you are sued
Tool Insurance Covers your tools if they are lost or stolen
Vehicle Insurance Covers your vehicle for theft or damage

Start your quote...

Income Protection

Public Liability

Trade Package









Public Liability Insurance
Income Protection Insurance
Life Insurance
TPD Insurance
Trauma Insurance
Tool Insurance
Tradesman Insurance Brokers


Boilermaker's Insurance
Bricklayer's Insurance
Builder's Insurance
Cabinetmaker's Insurance
Carpenter's Insurance
Electrician's Insurance
Handyman's Insurance
Labourer's Insurance
Landscaper's Insurance
Painter's Insurance
Plumber's Insurance
Rigger's Insurance
Tiler's Insurance
Scaffolder's Insurance
Welder's Insurance


This website contains general information only and does not take into account your personal needs or objectives. You should not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified professional.

The information contained within this website is for your information only, and by completing an online enquiry your details will be referred to a suitably qualified and licensed professional.

This website is owned and operated by Moneypot Financial Services Pty Ltd (Moneypot).

Moneypot does not hold an NZ licence and is not authorised to deal in financial products in NZ.

Tradesman Insurance Australia.